Orchard Lake United Coaching Application
Orchard Lake United is now accepting coaching applications for the 2019 season.
Steps to Become a USA Hockey Coach for Orchard Lake United
These steps must be completed following approval of your OLU coaching application.
USA Hockey and the Coaching Education Program require both certification and registration to be eligible to coach. Registration is done online on a yearly basis. Certification is also required. A few basic steps requirements are as follows:
USA Hockey Requirements, Coaching Education Program Online Age-Specific Requirements (Must be completed PRIOR to participating in any team activities and cannot be added to a roster until completed)
- Register as a member of USA Hockey (Cost is $40 plus any affiliate fees if applicable). Click here for more information.
- Complete the background screening. Click here to register.
- Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training (required every two years). Click here for more information.
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching (Cost is $10 per module and only needs to be completed once per age level). Click here to register for the modules.
Coaching Education Program Certification Clinic Requirements (Must be completed by Dec. 31)
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. (Cost is $45 plus any lunch fees if applicable) You can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). Click here for more information.